47th Annual Members' Outdoor Fine Art & Fine Craft Show
All Applicants (Both Returning Artists & New Applicants)
This call is open to all RAL Member Artists. Membership must remain current from the time of this registration through the dates of the event. For membership information, new or renewal click here.
Deadline for Submission: March 1, 2020
Notification of Acceptance: April 1, 2020
When: August 1-2 & 8-9, 2020
Where: The Rehoboth Art League Campus
Times: Saturdays 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM, and Sundays from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Rain or Shine!
Located in the Delaware Beach resort area, the Rehoboth Art League’s (RAL) two weekend annual Outdoor Fine Art and Fine Craft Show draws local discerning collectors as well as those from the Baltimore-Washington, Philadelphia and New York City areas. The wooded historic campus of over 3.5 acres draws over six thousand patrons for this event, and many are returning patrons eager to see their favorite artist’s new works. Adult show patrons pay a $5 entry fee good for both days of a single weekend. Free for children 12 and under. The RAL provides free shuttle service for all four show days from two locations off of busy Route 1. Show advertising is placed in regional magazines, newspapers, and radio. Direct mail, social media, Chamber and Tourism event calendars feature the show as a signature event in the Coastal Delaware region.
The Art League is within walking distance of the beach and downtown Rehoboth. Artist booths are set up throughout the property creating a welcoming atmosphere for art patrons to view the best in fine art and fine crafts. Many amenities are provided to make the show welcoming for participating artists – including a complimentary breakfast each show day and a reception each Saturday evening, providing a chance for artists to unwind, swap show stories, and to get to know each other. If you have not already done so, prior to submitting your application we encourage you to read the 2020 Participating Artists Form, which profiles the site and explains unique considerations for set up/tear down, and explains show operations in the residential neighborhood of Henlopen Acres.
Artist submission deadline (online): March 1, 2020
Acceptance notification (by email): April 1, 2020
Booth and housing fees due: May 1, 2020
Housing and parking details communicated: July 20, 2020
Weekend One dates: August 1-2 (Early Set-up July 30-31)
Weekend Two dates: August 8-9 (Early Set-up August 6-7)
Late Breakdown: Monday, August 10, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY
All mediums are juried. Artists may only exhibit artwork in the medium for which they are juried in. Artists who wish to exhibit multiple mediums must apply separately for each one. All art must be 100% created by the artist. Machine-made or mass produced work is not permitted. The jury decisions are confidential and final. Each application package must consist of a total of five images: four(4) images of your work, and one(1) image of your booth and display. Please Note: Artists that have participated in 2018 and 2019 DO NOT HAVE TO SUBMIT IMAGES BUT DO HAVE TO REGISTER AND PAY THE $20 REGISTRATION FEE. THE REGISTRATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
BOOTH SPACE OPTIONS
The RAL Outdoor show hails from the days of the “clothesline art sales” in early Rehoboth. Historically, the snow fence was the preferred method of displaying. Today, most artists prefer to use tents. Therefore, the RAL offers two space options.
11’ x 11’ tent space: 11’ x 11’ tent spaces (to accommodate a 10' x 10' tents) are located throughout the property. All tents must be white. No canopies are permitted in the tent area. One tent is permitted per space. All tents must be anchored. The Rehoboth Art League is an historic property. Artist may not make any changes to the landscape, including trimming or cutting branches, without the consent of the RAL Staff. Keep in mind that if your tent is exceptionally tall, it may be obstructed by foliage. Artists may not extend beyond their 10' x 10' tent allocation.
15’ x 6’ ‘snow fence’ space: Artists may request space along the ‘snow fence’. The fencing may be used alone or with grids to hang works. Artists are responsible for their own grids. The space is 15 feet along the fence and you may come out six feet. No tents or canopies are permitted in these spaces. A small umbrella to shade the artist is permitted. All umbrellas must be anchored.
*Branding / Signage: Artist's that have tents with signage, i.e., artist's name, logo or name of business must be integrated (printed) on the tent. Free-standing signage such as banners, yard signs or any type of signage that attaches to the tent is not permitted.
RAL does not guarantee the same space placement year after year, but will try to honor requests for specific spaces. Expansion beyond your designated space will result in additional fees. The cost for expansion, each weekend, is $150. There will be no booth changes whatsoever once a booth assignment has been provided to the artist. If space is available, artists may request a double booth space. Artists participating in both weekends will be assigned first.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
Submission Fee: Twenty dollar ($20.00) non-refundable application fee due with completed submission by end of business day March 1, 2020.
Booth Fee (if accepted): $450 for one weekend / $800 for two weekends. Payment due with completed application form by May 1, 2020.
Housing Fee: There is a flat fifty-dollar ($50.00) non-refundable administrative fee, per weekend, to arrange housing. Housing is for participating artists only and is only available for Friday and Saturday nights of both weekends. Housing is on a first come, first serve basis and is not guaranteed. Only service dogs will be considered for artists requesting housing. Artists must provide documentation for any service dogs at the time of their request to Rose Murray at Rose@rehobothartleague.org. Absolutely no smoking is permitted on the property, or in the home of the homeowners. Homeowners have advised that some artists are contacting them in advance. Artists are not permitted to directly contact previously assigned homeowners.
Fee Refunds: No refunds will be given after May 15, 2020. Refunds will be given prior to this date minus a twenty-five dollar ($25) administrative return fee.
Participating artists have the ability to set up the Thursday or Friday before the show weekend and tear down the Monday after the weekend the artist has selected. Artists who select both weekends may keep their tent and display material up between the weekends. With advance arrangements the RAL can provide secure storage for artwork overnight both before the show and between weekends. *With the exception of one weekend only artists wishing to breakdown their tents on the Monday after the first weekend, or tents damaged by incliment weather, artists are not to hang around their tents on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday between the show weekends.
Artists also receive a free parking permit with a guaranteed parking spot, complimentary breakfast, and an invitation for our Saturday evening reception. An artist comfort station is also available in the Children's Studio, which offers free water, air conditioning, and a restroom. The comfort station is available for participating artists only.
All artists are responsible for processing their own sales transactions. The Rehoboth Art League does not provide sales books or wrapping materials for artist sales.
SHOW POLICIES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
RAL expects a level of professionalism from artists that participate in this show. Any artist who berates the RAL staff, volunteers, other artists or uses offensive and vulgar language will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave the grounds immediately and you WILL NOT be allowed to participate in the Outdoor Show again.
- The show is held rain or shine. You are responsible for your booth and its contents. Be prepared to protect your artwork and display in the event of bad weather. Make sure your booth is secured.
- The Rehoboth Art League is not responsible for damage to artwork or display materials due to weather or unrelated incidents. Artists store art and materials at their own risk.
- No smoking is permitted on the Art League campus, parking lot, or in any buildings/structures.
- Applicants must be current members in good standing with the Rehoboth Art League.
- Only one exhibitor is allowed per space. Artists must be present with their work on all days of the show.
- Works must be original and conceived, designed and executed by the exhibitor – therefore, no commercially produced or kit items are permitted.
- Giclée prints must be identified as such, and be limited, with an emphasis on original work.
- Only 2D Photography is allowed. Photography reproduced on commerical and functional items such as tote bags, mugs, note cards, pillows and clothing is strictly prohibited.
- Artists misrepresenting themselves from what they submitted will be asked to breakdown their tent and leave immediately.
- Booth area must be free of clutter and garbage on all sides of the tent and artwork must be displayed in a professional manner.
- Artists are encouraged to set up in advance of the show weekend. ARTISTS ARE STRICTLY NOT PERMITTED TO BE ON THE RAL GROUNDS PRIOR TO 8:30 am ON THE SATURDAY OR SUNDAY OF THE SHOW WEEKEND. IN FACT, THIS IS SO IMPORTANT THAT ANY ARTIST VIOLATING THIS RULE WILL BE DOCUMENTED AND WILL RESULT IN BEING BANNED FROM ALL FUTURE SHOWS. ARTISTS MAY NOT SLEEP IN THEIR TENTS OVERNIGHT. ALL VEHICLES MUST BE OFF RAL PROPRTY BY 9:30 am OF ANY SHOW DAY.
- Parking guidelines are strictly adhered to in the town of Henlopen Acres. Parking is not located on our campus, or around the perimeter of our campus on event days. Artists will be given a parking permit and must park in their designated space or risk towing or fines.
- Due to limited maneuverability, artists must quickly unload trailers/vehicles and remove their car for set up and completely tear down before retrieving their car at show end.
RAL will monitor compliance to these rules during the show. Any artists not complying may be asked to leave the show with no refund. Artists understand it is the discretion of the RAL to modify show policies at any time.
APPLICATION / SUBMISSIONS
- For safety concerns, ARTISTS ARE NOT TO BRING THEIR CARS ON THE RAL PROPERTY UNTIL THE PATRONS HAVE LEFT THE PROPERTY AT THE END OF EACH SHOW DAY. BARRICADES WILL BE IN PLACE AT THE ENTRANCES AND RAL STAFF WILL NOTIFY YOU WHEN CARS CAN ENTER THE PROPERTY. YOU MUST COMPLETELY HAVE YOUR DISPLAY BROKEN DOWN AND PACKED BEFORE BRINGING YOUR VEHICLE ONTO THE PROPERTY.
For returning artists who were juried into the Outdoor Show in 2019: You do not need to submit any images unless you are applying under a new medium.
For new applicants to the Outdoor Show, your total submission must consist of five images: four(4) images of your work, and one(1) image of your booth and display.. All works must be created within the past two (2) years. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL BE ASKED TO SUBMIT 1 APPLICATION. AN "APPLICATION" MEANS AN "IMAGE." Only the first image will require any data (medium and title). If your first image is of your booth, simply type your medium, and then 'booth' underneath. After that, press "Add Attachment" to upload the other four images.
Submission Images must be less than 4 MB (each) in size. All images must be of high quality to best represent your work as images are used by RAL for promotional purposes. Upon each submission, you will receive an email confirming acceptance. You may re-enter the call until the deadline to delete, change, and/or edit your submissions. Check out this instructional video to resize larger images using both Mac and Windows operating systems.
Poor quality images will affect the jurors' scores. Contact Rose Murray, Director of Community Engagement, at 302.227.8408 ext. 204, or firstname.lastname@example.org with any submission related concerns or issues.
USE THE MENU BAR AT THE TOP OF THIS FORM TO REGISTER AND LOGIN
This call is set up that you first register and pay the 20.00 dollar fee prior to uploading your images. After registration, and until the end date of this call, you may login at any time to upload your images or change previously uploaded images.
BY SUBMITTING THIS APPLICATION, YOU AGREE TO THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS